KBEP believes that preventing relationship violence starts at an early age. Toward the end of the elementary school years, students are beginning to enter adolescence. We at KBEP feel that it is at this developmental stage that youth should be familiarized with the relationships they have with themselves and others. Establishing concepts of positive self-esteem, responsibility, and respect provide the foundation for creating healthy and safe relationships.
KBEP’s 5th grade curriculum is presented to classrooms of no more than 30 students. The program is delivered over 5 consecutive sessions, with each session lasting 50-60 minutes.
5th Grade Objectives
By the end of the program students will be able to:
- Identify relationships with self and others
- Understand the definition of relationship violence
- Reflect on sense of self and the importance of being proud
- Recognize and value personal responsibility for words and action
- Define personal boundaries (physical & emotional)
For more information or to schedule 5th grade, please contact Claire S. McVicker, email@example.com