KBEP believes that preventing relationship violence starts at an early age. Toward the beginning of the middle school years, students are entering adolescence. We at KBEP feel that it is at this developmental stage where youth should be familiarized with the relationships they have with themselves and others. Establishing concepts of positive self-esteem, responsibility, and respect provide the key foundations to creating healthy and safe relationships.
KBEP’s 6th grade curriculum is presented to classrooms of no more than 30 students. The program is delivered over 5 sessions, with each session lasting 50-60 minutes.
6th Grade Objectives
By the end of the program students will be able to:
- Identify relationships with self and others
- Understand the definition of relationship violence
- Recognize and value personal responsibility for words and actions
- Understand the importance of self-control and anger management
- Establish, maintain, and respect personal rights
For more information or to schedule 6th grade, please contact Claire S. McVicker, firstname.lastname@example.org