KBEP believes that the best way to prevent relationship violence is through education on the topic. Toward the end of the middle school years, students are at the phase in their lives where dating is a priority. We at KBEP feel that at this stage, adolescents should be familiarized with the skills and tools necessary in order to establish a healthy dating relationship.
KBEP’s 8th grade curriculum is presented to classrooms of no more than 30 students. The program is delivered over 5 sessions, with each session lasting 50-60 minutes.
8th Grade Objectives
By the end of the program students will be able to:
- Understand the definition of relationship violence
- Recognize how gender stereotypes can negatively affect self and others
- Realize the effects of both healthy and unhealthy expectations in a dating relationship
- Understand that jealous actions are possessive and controlling
- Recognize the signs of a healthy and positive dating relationship
For more information or to schedule 8th grade, please contact Claire S. McVicker, email@example.com