KBEP believes that the best way to prevent relationship violence is through education on the topic. For many high school students, dating is a priority. We at KBEP feel that it is at this stage where teenagers should be familiarized with the skills and tools necessary to establish a healthy dating relationship.
KBEP’s High School curriculum is presented to classrooms of no more than 30 students. The program is delivered in 4 to 4.5 hours, over 3-5 sessions, depending on the length of the class periods.
High School Objectives
By the end of the program students will be able to:
- Understand the definition of relationship violence
- Recognize how gender stereotypes can negatively affect self and others
- Realize the effects of both healthy and unhealthy expectations in a dating relationship
- Understand that jealous actions are possessive and controlling
- Recognize the signs of a healthy and positive dating relationship
For more information or to schedule high school, please contact Claire S. McVicker, email@example.com