The Katie Brown Educational Program (KBEP) offers a range of educational programs throughout the year. KBEP takes the approach that all young people need age-appropriate relationship violence prevention education to be able to build and maintain successful relationships from childhood into adulthood. We also recognize that education is a critical aspect for adults, whether they are seeking professional development opportunities or informational workshops. All educational programs include lecture, discussion, group and individual activities, handouts, moments of self-reflection, and additional resources.
To address these needs KBEP serves individuals in the following areas:
- School Programs are age-appropriate and designed for students in fourth grade through high school.
- Summer Programs are delivered in non-traditional settings, such as summer camps, after-school programs, and group homes.
- RSVP College Program targets members of college communities to provide information by teaching skills related to building and maintaining respectful, healthy relationships.
- Professional Development workshops provide participants with the opportunity to learn skills that can be integrated into their work to help foster a culture of respect and to better respond to students in need of support. Participants will also receive resources that they can use to further support their students.
- Parent Workshops provide an opportunity for parents seeking to further their knowledge of relationship violence. Parents will also receive resources that they can use to further support their children.
- Adult Programs provide participants with the practical skills that are needed to develop and navigate healthier relationships-- a practice that is often overlooked in the dialogue on violence prevention and behavior change.
In order to ensure the success of all students involved, regardless of learning needs or abilities, the KBEP curriculum can always be adapted by the educator to suit the dynamic of a particular classroom. When the curriculum is being delivered in a nontraditional setting, it is modified to ensure that the topics are relevant and age-appropriate, and that the specific needs of the group are met.
For more information about scheduling KBEP, please contact Angela Marandola at email@example.com or call our office at (508)678-4466.